Content Marketing is All the Rage
You’ve probably been hearing this term all over the place. But what the heck is it? It’s the process of having focused and consistent information that you share with your audience. It’s your blog posts, ebooks, infographics, social media feeds, and anything else that is written and shared.
Content Marketing is: A strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience – and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.
Types of Content
It’s not just about your social media posts. Or your freebies. It’s about all of it together. Anything that you share is your content. And ultimately it is what gets your site or blog in front of your target audience. Ways to create and share your content:
- Website content (this is the main copy of your website pages).
- Your blog content. This one is HUGE and has the most potential. All those articles, how-to’s, lists, and stories. This is where your keywords count and the majority of your SEO happens.
- Infographics. When you share these fun and visual information nuggets make sure you have content in the blog post as well. Not just the image. Why? Because the image doesn’t get indexed the way the words do (except for the alt tag). It’s a great way to share your information on social media (Pinterest, Twitter, etc.) but you also need the words on your page.
- Webinars and Videos. You are still sharing information in these ways. Sometimes you offer a webinar or video for a short time only and then the information is gone. That’s ok. You still found a way to get your information to your audience. If you plan to keep it on your site, you should transcribe the video content and post it as well. It boosts your keyword saturation and relevance in searches!
- Newsletters via email. These might not be directly on your site or social media feeds but they are still delivering information and pointing your audience back to your site or blog (hopefully). They are helping to solidify your position as an expert or to showcase your quality products.
Beginners Guide to SEO
Sign up for the email list and tips and the basic tricks that help you implement SEO strategies that will increase traffic and sales to your online shop or blog.
It Sounds Huge and Daunting
Content marketing sounds like it is this mysterious “woo woo” form of getting traffic to your site and that if you can just figure out the magic recipe you will be successful. There is no “secret ingredient”. It’s just you. And all the hard work and knowledge that you pour into your site, your blog, and your social media feed that eventually builds your following. Enjoy the process. Keep doing what you love and it will show through in all your content.
What’s your favorite form of content? ebooks? case studies? Leave a note in the comments 🙂
Get the Beginners Guide to Selling on TPT: